Sheppard Mullin's Corporate Tax attorneys use innovative tax planning with an emphasis on practical solutions to provide sophisticated legal advice to clients in a variety of industries. We specialize in tax-efficient structuring of transactions and the planning and financing of business affairs. We pride ourselves on our depth and breadth of experience, our understanding of market trends and our commitment to our clients.
Matters we advise on include:
- Mergers and acquisitions including tax-free reorganizations, spin offs and the purchase and sale of stock or assets both from the U.S. and overseas.
- Private equity, hedge fund, and venture capital formation, financing, and operations.
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances.
- Public-to-public and public-to-private transactions.
- Leveraged buy-outs and recapitalizations.
- International and cross-border deals including both foreign investment in the United States and the expansion of U.S. businesses abroad.
- Transfer pricing.
- Corporation-shareholder and related-party transactions.
- Choice of entity and structure, including C corporations, S corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, cooperatives, and statutory trusts.
- Business restructuring -- preserving net operating losses (NOLs) and other tax attributes.
- Financial products, Including derivatives.
Our goal is always to help our clients achieve their business objectives with practical, up-to-date and effective tax planning.