- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1998, cum laude
- B.A., The College of William & Mary, 1995, summa cum laude
- New York
John H. Booher is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Silicon Valley office.
Areas of Practice
Clients turn to John Booher when they have complex legal problems in need of pragmatic and timely solutions. John has been recognized as an “All-Star” by his clients for his service and dedication to their needs, keenly aware of their priorities and concerns when crafting legal solutions.
John’s practice spans domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate governance matters, and the formation and growth of new businesses.
John works closely with clients in a variety of industries, including life sciences, healthcare, satellite/aerospace, transportation and technology. His clients include multinational corporations, private equity and venture capital firms, early and growth-stage companies, individual founders, entrepreneurs and investors.
- Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group, 2016-2017
- Represented Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings in numerous transactions, including:
- its US$925m acquisition of Genzyme Genetics
- its US $371m acquisition of Sequenom, Inc. (NASDAQ:SQNM)
- its US$241m acquisition of MEDTOX Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ: MTOX)
- its $155m acquisition of Monogram Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGRM)
- its US$85m acquisition of Orchid Cellmark Inc. (NASDAQ: ORCH)
- its US$85m acquisition of LipoScience, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPDX)
- its acquisition of Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories
- its acquisition of DSI Laboratories, Inc.
- its acquisition of Tandem Labs
- its acquisition of John Muir Health’s clinical laboratory outreach business
- its acquisition of several clinical laboratories from Mount Sinai
- its acquisition of the operating assets of Pathology, Inc.
- Represented ConvergeOne and Clearlake Capital Group in ConvergeOne’s US$1.2b business combination with Forum Merger Corporation.
- Represented Essex Corporation in its sale to Northrop Grumman Corporation for US$580m.
- Represented Easterly Acquisition Corp. in its proposed merger with Sungevity, Inc.
- Represented Abcam, PLC in its acquisition of Epitomics International, Inc.
- Represented Helsinn Healthcare SA in its acquisition of Sapphire Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented the Kodak Pension Plan of the UK in its acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company's Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging business.
- Represented Torch Hill Investment Partners in its acquisition of Jameson, LLC from Carousel Capital.
Financings & Other Matters
- Represented Camden Partners in numerous portfolio investments, including in:
- Essence Group Holdings Corp., parent company to Lumeris, a provider of technology solutions and strategic advising services to healthcare organizations
- IPG, a provider of Surgical Cost Management Solutions in the US
- Katabat, a provider of customer experience management solutions
- Metabolon, a provider of laboratory developed tests in obesity-related conditions and cancer
- Paragon Bioservices, a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) service provider focused on the development and manufacturing of biopharmaceutical protein drugs
- PatientSafe Solutions, a healthcare software and services company
- Tracx, an all-in-one social media platform
- Represented ABS Capital Partners in numerous portfolio investments, including in:
- INTTRA, a global provider of e-commerce solutions to the ocean freight industry
- Metastorm , a provider of market-leading software for enterprise and business architecture, business process analysis and business process management
- Renew Data, a provider of services for the discovery, archiving and governance of electronically stored information
- Source Medical, a provider of highly specialized, comprehensive outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation clinics and diagnostic imaging centers nationwide
- Superior Vision, a provider of insured vision benefits and vision benefit plan administrative services to a variety of employers
- Represented a Chinese technology company in its investment in a U.S. company developing and producing ink-jet systems for OLED production.
- Represented an IT outsourcing company in the spin-off and financing of its predictive analytics platform.
- Represented a commuter shuttle ride-share service on multiple commercial matters.
- Represented Ursa Space Systems Inc. in its $7m Series A financing by Paladin Capital Group, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), RRE Ventures, S&P Global, and other strategic investors.
- Represented Orbital Sidekick Inc. in its seed financing round by Allied Minds and 11.2 Capital.
- Managed Healthcare Executive, June 8, 2018
- "Developing an Integrated Buy-Side Strategy," San Francisco M&A Conference, Wharton San Francisco, CA, May 16, 2018
- Daroco, ParisSeptember 11, 2018