John H. Booher is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's San Francisco office.
Areas of Practice
Clients turn to John when they have complex legal problems in need of pragmatic and timely solutions. John has been recognized as an “All-Star” by his clients for his service and dedication to their needs, keenly aware of their priorities and concerns when crafting legal solutions.
John’s practice spans domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, private equity and venture capital transactions, corporate governance matters, and the formation and growth of new businesses.
John works closely with clients in a variety of industries, including life sciences, healthcare, satellite/aerospace, transportation and technology. His clients include multinational corporations, private equity and venture capital firms, early and growth-stage companies, individual founders, entrepreneurs and investors.
- Represented Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings in numerous transactions, including:
- its US $925m acquisition of Genzyme Genetics
- its US $371m acquisition of Sequenom, Inc. (NASDAQ:SQNM)
- its US $241m acquisition of MEDTOX Scientific, Inc. (NASDAQ: MTOX)
- its US $155m acquisition of Monogram Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGRM)
- its US $85m acquisition of Orchid Cellmark, Inc. (NASDAQ: ORCH)
- its US $85m acquisition of LipoScience, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPDX)
- its acquisition of Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories
- its acquisition of DSI Laboratories, Inc.
- its acquisition of Tandem Labs
- its acquisition of the operating assets of Pathology, Inc.
- its acquisition of the clinical laboratory outreach businesses of:
- John Muir Health
- Mount Sinai
- Legacy Health
- Jefferson Health
- RWJBarnabas Health
- North Memorial Health Care
- Caromont Health
- Represented OPAL Fuels Inc. in its US $1.75b go-public business combination with ArcLight Clean Transition Corp. II.
- Represented ConvergeOne and Clearlake Capital Group in ConvergeOne’s US $1.2b go-public business combination with Forum Merger Corporation.
- Represented Cambia Health Solutions, Inc. in the sale of its subsidiary, HealthSparq, Inc., to Kyruus, Inc.
- Represented Kadiant, Inc., a behavioral health provider sponsored by TPG Capital and Vida Ventures, in its acquisition of several behavioral analysis therapy providers.
- Represented Unique Business Systems, a provider of rental operations management solutions, in its sale to Volaris Group.
- Represented Employment Tax Servicing Corporation in its sale to Experian Holdings, Inc.
- Represented ProEst, a cloud-based estimating solutions provider, in its sale to Autodesk.
- Represented Metamorph Partners and it co-investor ABS Capital Partners, in the acquisition of Fluxx, a collaborative grantmaking platform for private and public organizations.
- Represented Flokk Group in its acquisition of 9to5 Seating.
- Represented Kitron ASA in its acquisition of the electronics manufacturing services business of API Technologies Corp.
- Represented Essex Corporation in its sale to Northrop Grumman Corporation for US $580m.
- Represented Abcam, PLC in its acquisition of Epitomics International, Inc.
- Represented Helsinn Healthcare SA in its acquisition of Sapphire Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented the Kodak Pension Plan of the UK in its acquisition of Eastman Kodak Company's Personalized Imaging and Document Imaging business.
- Represented Easterly Acquisition in its proposed business combination with Sungevity, Inc.
- Represented Torch Hill Investment Partners in its acquisition of Jameson, LLC from Carousel Capital.
Financings & Other Matters
- Represented Orbital Sidekick, a hyperspectral satellite imaging company, in all of its financing rounds since inception.
- Represented Ursa Space Systems, a U.S.-based satellite intelligence company, in all of its financing rounds since inception.
- Represented Arena Analytics, a provider of sophisticated AI and data analytics hiring and retention solutions, in all of its financing rounds since inception.
- Represented Catalyte Inc., a provider of staffing solutions, in multiple financing rounds.
- Represented Vial Health Technology, a global contract research organization (CRO), in its series B financing round.
- Represented Acero Capital in its investments in HyperGrid, Swrve and Contrast Security.
- Represented Camden Partners in numerous portfolio investments, including in:
- Essence Group Holdings Corp., parent company to Lumeris, a provider of technology solutions and strategic advising services to healthcare organizations
- IPG, a provider of Surgical Cost Management Solutions
- Katabat, a provider of customer experience management solutions
- Metabolon, a provider of laboratory developed tests in obesity-related conditions and cancer
- Paragon Bioservices, a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) service provider focused on the development and manufacturing of biopharmaceutical protein drugs
- PatientSafe Solutions, a healthcare software and services company
- Tracx, an all-in-one social media platform
- Represented ABS Capital Partners in numerous portfolio investments, including in:
- INTTRA, a global provider of e-commerce solutions to the ocean freight industry
- Metastorm , a provider of market-leading software for enterprise and business architecture, business process analysis and business process management
- Renew Data, a provider of services for the discovery, archiving and governance of electronically stored information
- Source Medical, a provider of highly specialized, comprehensive outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation clinics and diagnostic imaging centers nationwide
- Superior Vision, a provider of insured vision benefits and vision benefit plan administrative services to a variety of employers
- Represented a Chinese technology company in its investment in a U.S. company developing and producing ink-jet systems for OLED production.
- Represented an IT outsourcing company in the spin-off and financing of its predictive analytics platform.
- Represented a commuter shuttle ride-share service on multiple commercial matters.
- Represented a global automotive manufacturer in the execution of a long-term supply agreement with an eVTOL developer relating to the mass production of electric passenger aircraft in the U.S.
Recommended Attorney- Corporate and Commercial M&A, The Legal 500, 2019
Client Service All-Star, BTI Consulting Group, 2016-2017
- Managed Healthcare Executive, 06.08.2018
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Law Blog Posts
- "HIMMS19 Conference – Blockchain Symposium Recap," February 12, 2019
Healthcare Law Blog Posts
- "Developing an Integrated Buy-Side Strategy," San Francisco M&A Conference, Wharton San Francisco, CA, May 16, 2018
- Daroco, Paris, 09.11.2018
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1998, cum laude
B.A., The College of William & Mary, 1995, summa cum laude
- New York