Jodi Stein is a partner in the Real Estate, Energy, Land Use & Environmental Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Jodi has significant experience representing real estate developers in obtaining discretionary land use approvals through New York City’s Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) and before the Board of Standards and Appeals. She also advises clients on the zoning and land use aspects of obtaining approvals or resolving issues that arise during the development and construction process. Jodi frequently appears before the New York City Department of City Planning, Department of Buildings and Department of Housing Preservation and Development, as well as the Landmarks Preservation Commission, City Council, Department of Transportation, local community boards and other city and state agencies.
Prior to private practice, Jodi was vice president of acquisitions and development for one of the largest privately held real estate companies in North America. In that role, she was responsible for growing the company’s $2 billion development platform in New York City, Miami and Los Angeles. Jodi worked on obtaining all approvals for all their new development projects — advising on acquisition and pre-development; directing and overseeing all discretionary and government approvals; forging relationships with community leaders in each city; and working with architects, general contractors, subcontractors and environmental consultants through the various approval and development phases of each project.
Notable Women in Law, Crain's New York Business, 2022
Recommended Lawyer, Real Estate - Land Use/Zoning, Legal 500 US, 2021-2022
- New York Law Journal, 12.30.2020
Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog
- "New York Governor Releases Updated 421-a Program," January 31, 2022
- "Full Summer Calendar at New York City Planning Commission: Hotel Special Permit, Gowanus Rezoning and More," July 15, 2021
"NY Court of Appeals Decides Who Gets Access to Required 'Open Space'," December 22, 2020
- "City Planning Announces Citywide Hotel Special Permit Text," December 21, 2020
"NYC Council Announces Land Use Overhaul," December 17, 2020
"ULURP Clock Restarted," July 15, 2020
- Crain's New York Business, 07.13.2021
- Webinar, 05.12.2022
- Webinar, 03.08.2022
- Webinar, 09.30.2021
- Webinar, 04.14.2021
- Webinar, 02.25.2021
- Complimentary Webinar, 05.14.2020
- Member, Land Use Planning and Zoning Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Brooklyn Law School Women’s Leadership Network