- J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2007, cum laude, Internal Editor of the Widener Law Journal, Dean’s Honors
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh, 2004, cum Laude, Dean's Honors
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Kristi L. Thomas is an associate in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Orange County office. She serves on the firm's Recruiting Committee and is a member of the Wellness Resources Group.
Areas of Practice
Kristi’s practice involves representing employers in the defense of complaints for class action and single-plaintiff matters. Kristi has handled all aspects of civil litigation defense, including taking and defending depositions, law and motion practice, mediation, arbitration, and second-chairing multiple trials to defense verdict.
Kristi also provides day-to-day counseling on a wide variety of labor and employment law issues, including wage-and-hour issues, disability and family/medical leave issues, discipline, and termination.
Kristi began her legal career in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 2008, where she defended nationally-ranked hospitals and professionals. Kristi became a member of the State Bar of California in 2011, and thereafter gained significant experience in complex litigation before joining the Sheppard Mullin team.
Labor and Employment Law Blog
- Presented by Kristi ThomasAugust 14, 2019
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles