- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law
- B.S., University of Illinois
Mark Okuma is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental and the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Groups in the firm's Los Angeles office.
Areas of Practice
Mark represents a broad range of domestic and foreign institutional and private clients in connection with many types of real estate, including commercial, industrial, office, multi-family, residential tract, condominium, hotel, resort, casino, golf course, and mixed-use projects.
Mark has extensive experience in real estate, project, commercial and other financings, including acquisition, development, construction, renovation, bridge and permanent loans, senior secured, mezzanine and unsecured loan financings, fixed, variable and contingent interest loans, swaps, collars and caps, and single lender, syndicated and participated loans. His experience includes handling workouts, discounted payoffs, foreclosures, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, other remedies, and single note and loan portfolio purchases, sales and financings.
Mark also has extensive experience with a broad range of investor, developer and other real estate matters, such as single property and portfolio purchases and sales, simultaneous, forward and reverse tax-deferred exchanges, sale-leasebacks, financing, tax credits, management, franchising, leasing, development, and construction. He also has experience in structuring and forming entities, including California and Delaware limited liability companies, limited partnerships, joint ventures and corporations.
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2019
- Member, American Bar Association (Real Estate)
- Member, California Bar Association (Real Property, International, Business and Environmental)
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (Real Property, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections)
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Board Member, City of Hope Los Angeles Real Estate & Construction Industries Council
- Board Member, Town Hall