OHCA Speaks: What You Need to Know About the OHCA Regulations Requiring Notice and Review of Material Health Care Transactions on or after April 1, 2024
CLICK HERE to view a playbook from the co-hosts on “Health Care’s Perfect Storm of 2024: Federal Antitrust Enforcement Actions Combine with State Regulatory Developments to Create a Potential Tidal Wave of Deal Scrutiny."
The cost and market impact review (CMIR) regulations promulgated by the California Office of Health Care Affordability (OHCA) have been approved and apply to a large scope of transactions in the healthcare space. Find out if your 2024 transaction has to be reviewed by OHCA and what your timeframe and likelihood of review and approval will be. These regulations, in combination with the related statutory provisions in SB 184, set forth the framework for OHCA’s authority to receive advance notice of and review a large scope of health care transactions in the coming months of 2024, reflecting a dramatic change to California’s health care regulatory landscape. Don’t miss this important webinar where our knowledgeable presenters will provide an overview of the key components and practical considerations regarding this new reporting regime.
Join our esteemed group of panelists as they discuss:
- Who is subject to the reporting requirement?
- How much will this cost?
- The submission process and what a good submission should look like
- What to expect from the review process
- What is the role and interaction with other possible agencies?
- What you need to know about confidentiality with respect to submissions
- How do you contemplate doing business in California given these developments?
- Eric Klein, Partner and Leader, National Health Care Team, Sheppard Mullin
- Bill Barcellona, J.D., MHA, EVP for Government Affairs, America's Physician Groups
- Jordan Grushkin, Senior Associate, National Health Care Team and Leader of Firmwide OHCA Initiatives, Sheppard Mullin
- Chris Pritchard, CPA, MHA, Partner, Health Care Industry Group Leader, Moss Adams LLP
- Karl Rebay, MBA, Partner, Health Care Consulting, Strategy & Integration Leader, Moss Adams LLP
Questions? Please contact Shanae Wong.