Nota Bene Episode 64: U.S. Check In: Prescription Drugs, USMCA, Privacy, Impeachment and Iran with Elizabeth Frazee and Jonathan Meyer
We’re kicking off the new year with returning guests Elizabeth Frazee and Jonathan Meyer who are joining us with updates on various current events in our Legislative and Executive Branches in the upcoming quarter.
Elizabeth Frazee is the Co-Founder and CEO of Twin Logic Strategies, a boutique government relations firm. Elizabeth was named a “Top Lobbyist” by The Hill newspaper and has a 30-year career in Washington that encompasses over a decade working in high-level jobs on Capitol Hill, executive experience at leading tech and entertainment companies and years of successful representation of companies, trade associations and non-profits as a policy advocate and political strategist.
Jon Meyer is a partner at Sheppard Mullin and counsels clients on their interactions with federal and state government, as well as cybersecurity, homeland security, Congressional oversight and immigration, among other challenges.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher to receive every new episode as soon as they're published!
What We Discuss in This Episode:
- What exactly happened with the Presidential impeachment process in the House of Representatives?
- How will the President’s impeachment affect governmental functions?
- What does the impeachment process entail?
- How will the killing of the Iranian military leader affect American foreign relations?
- What will be the likely outcome of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) vote? Will the impeachment proceedings affect the vote?
- How both Congressional parties agreed on and passed the budget deal prior to the holiday season
- Why Congress was unable to reach an agreement regarding prescription drugs?
- Is there any agreement when it comes to privacy laws? How will the California Consumer Privacy Act affect businesses across the U.S.?
- When it comes to prescription drugs, what are the major issues being considered by Congress?