Contracting for Defense Technology Innovation: New Opportunities - Old Risks?
Hosted by Sheppard Mullin and PricewaterhouseCoopers
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
1800 Tysons Blvd
McLean, VA 22102
Sheppard Mullin and PwC invite “traditional” defense contractors and “non-traditional” defense contractors -- commercial companies -- intrigued by DOD’s focus on new technology to a discussion regarding the emerging defense innovation sector. We will provide analysis and insight on DOD’s innovation outreach using commercial contracting methods, the related compliance and government contracting issues, as well as offer practical advice and helpful tools for working with the Department of Defense. Topics to be covered include:
- Intellectual Property and data rights and the unique considerations for government contractors and commercial companies pursuing opportunities in the defense innovation market space
- New Department of Defense initiatives for technology companies interested in doing business with the Government
- Regulatory and compliance considerations issues including administrative, accounting and recordkeeping requirements
- Suzanne Roske, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC (Washington DC)
- Sarah Van Fossen, Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC (New York)
- Brian Sweeney, Special Counsel, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (San Francisco)
- Matthew Turetzky, Associate, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (San Francisco)
Beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
Questions? Contact Melissa Omphroy via email or by phone at 619.338.6503.