New Labor & Employment Laws for 2009 - Universal City
Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer
Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer – Universal City
New Labor & Employment Laws for 2009
February 23, 2009
Hilton Los Angeles
555 Universal Hollywood Drive
Universal City, CA 91608
Click here for directions.
Speakers: Geoffrey D. DeBoskey and Jennifer B. Zargarof
Registration & Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Registration & Materials Fee $50
Tough economic times and a new administration in the White House are creating the perfect storm of challenges for employers. We will discuss the "must know" legal developments coming your way this year and provide practical strategies that companies can use to reduce the risk of litigation.
New FMLA Regulations
- Posting requirements
- Military leave changes
- Notice requirements
- Fitness-for-duty certifications
- Substitution of paid leave
Leaves of Absence Review
- Interaction of leave statutes with disability and workers compensation laws
- Updating leave of absence policies to maximize employer rights
Reductions in Force
- Federal WARN Act and Cal WARN
- Disparate impact analyses
- Best practices for separation agreements
Wage and Hour Update
- Class action developments
- Recouping wage overpayments
- Telecommuting and blackberries
- Off-the-clock claims
Employee Free Choice Act
- How this new legislation would effect all employers
- Steps for preparing your business for the worst
Preparing for a new wave of discrimination complaints
- Associational and retaliation complaints
- Keeping up with AB 1825 harassment and discrimination training
This will be a lively and entertaining seminar that should not be missed.
Questions: Contact Melissa Omphroy at (415) 774-2997 or email@example.com
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2.5 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.