24th Annual All Hands Meeting
The All Hands Meeting is a unique, multifaceted and affordable annual event tailored to the special needs of in-house professionals whose companies rely upon intellectual property. Scores of cutting-edge CLE presentations address the spectrum of legal, regulatory and ethical issues this community faces on a daily basis. Attendees can also browse exhibits about the latest products and services to increase their productivity and effectiveness. And, as part of the largest gathering of its kind, attendees have abundant opportunities to meet and connect with similar professionals in a comfortable, enjoyable setting.
Ivy Associates presents the annual All Hands Meeting in coordination with the Silicon Valley Association of General Counsel, an association of chief legal officers from more than 130 leading technology and life science companies.
This special CLE conference is open to general and staff counsel in corporate legal departments and to other in-house managers, professionals and paraprofessionals such as patent agents, licensing executives, HR professionals, contracts managers and paralegals.
- Full breakfast
- Banquet luncheon
- Cocktail reception
- General subject MCLE credit
- Special subject (CA) MCLE credit
- Conference binder & program guide
- Legal product & service exhibits
- Luxury Weekend Getaway Raffle
- Opportunities to network with peer in-house counsel
For SVAGC-member Companies: $249 (December 6 only) or $279 (December 5-6)
Nonmember Companies: $279 (December 6 only) or $319 (December 5-6)
Choice of presentations from two full-day sessions, each featuring multiple tracks
December 6 2012
Corporate and Regulatory
Presentations focusing on corporate regulatory topics: governance and securities regulation; mergers & acquisitions; anti-counterfeiting; cybersecurity; EU M&A; privacy; and transfer pricing.
Presentations focusing on drafting and negotiations for U.S. and international commercial technology agreements: mock negotiation of an OEM agreement; government contracts; international distribution agreements; indemnification and other risk management issues in technology agreements; open source issues and cloud computing issues when negotiating technology contracts.
Presentations on complex IP issues, including: the America Invents Act; jurisdicational issues in patent litigation; joint direct infringement; patent risk management; damages in IP litigation.
Topics of particular interest to legal departments in the Life Sciences sector: FDA regulations including off-label extensions and cGMP; life sciences IP protection and licensing; commercialization issues; privacy and FCPA compliance issues for life science companies.
HR/Employment Law Issues
Presentations addressing the latest developments in: wage & hour regulations; accommodation and disability issues; managing a mobile workforce; hiring issues; NLRA issues; and OSHA issues.
December 5 2012
A variety of live presentations focused on: eDiscovery, arbitrating and mediating technology disputes; preparing for trial; appeals; and the settlement negotiation process.
Special Subjects Live Presentations and Video Program
The All Hands Meeting offers both live and video presentations in all required California MCLE subjects: Legal Ethics; Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession; Detection/Prevention of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness. Separate live presentations address ethical issues in a variety of in-house practice situations.
Products and Services for Corporate Legal Departments
Exhibits for a variety of products and services of special interest to in-house legal departments. Visit these exhibitors for a chance to win the Luxury Weekend Getaway Raffle.
Breakfast, Luncheon and Cocktail Reception
Network with former colleagues and new friends during the full breakfast, morning and afternoon breaks, and at the banquet luncheon featuring this year's Keynote Address (Main Session). After the day's final presentations, enjoy live jazz music and drinks at the hosted cocktail reception. A hearty box lunch and break refreshments will be provided during the Special Subjects/Litigation Management Session.
Keynote Speaker: Karen Cottle, Former General Counsel, Adobe Systems Inc.
- Adam Alper, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Aaron Alter, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
- Paul Barker, Partner, Finnegan
- Richard Blake, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
- Valerie Blandeau, Partner, Wragge & Co. LLP
- David Bloch, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Steven Bochner, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
- Alexandra Brodie, Partner, Wragge & Co. LLP
- Timothy Cahn, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Tom Chen, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Michael De Vries, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- David Djavaherian, Associate General Counsel, Litigation, Broadcom Corporation
- Tom Duley, Of Counsel, DLA Piper
- Kristen Dumont, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gary Edwards, Partner, Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Benjamin Elacqua, Principal, Fish & Richardson, P.C.
- James Elacqua, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Vera Elson, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Nicky Espinosa, Assistant General Counsel, Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- Eric Evans, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Michelle Fang, AGC Litigation, eBay Inc.
- Steven Feldstein, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Joachim Fleury, Partner, Clifford Chance
- William Gaede, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Alison Morbey Gardyne, Sr. Employment Attorney and Manager of HR Legal Investigations and Strategic Employee, Relations, Intel Corporation
- Stephen Gillespie, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- Sandy Godsey, Senior Director, eBay Inc.
- Richard Goold, Partner, Wragge & Co. LLP
- Andrew Gottlieb, Former Vice President and General Counsel, Novellus Systems, Inc.
- Christopher Green, Principal, Fish & Richardson, P.C.
- Paul Gupta, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Jake Handy, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- Lee Hanson, Vice Chairman, Heidrich & Struggles
- Robert Holtzapple, Partner, Farella Braun + Martel LLP
- Mary Huser, Partner, Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Tony Jeffries, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
- John Kelly, President and CEO, BlackStone Discovery
- E.A. Lisa Kenkel, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- Randall Kiser, Founder, DecisionSet
- Karen Kubin, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Louis Lehot, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Brian Love, Assistant Professor of Law, Santa Clara Law School
- Katherine Lutton, Principal, Fish & Richardson, P.C.
- Christine Lyon, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Susan Lyon, Special Counsel, Cooley LLP
- Brian Martin, EVP, General Counsel and Secretary, KLA-Tencor Corporation
- Stafford Matthews, Partner, SNR Denton
- Shaalu Mehra, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Marlene Muraco, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Karl Nobert, Of Counsel, Squire Sanders
- Sarah O'Dowd, Group Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Lam Research Corporation
- Colin O'Malley, Chief Strategy Officer, Evidon
- Susan Pangborn, Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Kirk Pasich, Partner, Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Michael Petty, Partner, King & Spalding LLP
- Edward Poplawski, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Benjamin Powell, Partner, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Melinda Riechert, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Lee Rubin, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- David Ruschke, Chief Patent Counsel, Medtronic Cardiovascular
- John Ryan, Partner, Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Bhanu Sadasivan, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Ethan Schulman, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Andrew Serwin, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- J. Daniel Sharp, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Gregory Silberman, Partner, Kaye Scholer LLP
- Jennifer Stanley, Partner, Fenwick & West LLP
- John Steele, Attorney at Law
- Elaine Tseng, Partner, King & Spalding
- Greg Warder, Senior IP Counsel, Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
- Tom Wilson, Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Debra Zumwalt, Vice President and General Counsel, Stanford University