The A&D Forum: How San Diego Companies Can Identify & Pursue Revenue Opportunities in Cybersecurity
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Registration & Networking
5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Meeting & Presentation
9333 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
This will be a joint meeting of the San Diego Chapter of the Aerospace & Defense Forum and CyberTECH.
A distinguished panel of experts will address the topic of how San Diego companies can identify and pursue revenue opportunities in cybersecurity.
The meeting will begin with briefings by SPAWAR San Diego, and Gary Hayslip, San Diego CISO, to discuss the specific cyber capabilities (products, tools and services) that they will likely be acquiring over the next couple of years. Then Shirley Adams, VP of GDIT, will describe the "process" for finding and responding to bids and a general discussion on bid process.
This will be followed by a moderated panel discussion and audience Q&A.
- Gary Hayslip, Deputy Director, Chief Information Security Officer Department of Information Technology, City of San Diego
- Shirley Adams, Vice President, Navy & Marine Corps Services; General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT)
- Kris Virtue, Director, IT – Information Security Architecture and Risk Management, Qualcomm
- Darin Andersen (Moderator), CyberTECH and Cyber United
Examples of the questions the panel will address are:
- What are the specific Cyber capabilities (products, tools and services) that the DoD and City of San Diego are actively looking for today and will likely be acquiring over the next couple of years?
- How do these correspond to the commercial markets?
- How do these requirements intersect or overlap such that a company or DoD contractor could pursue all of these markets?
- What is DoD doing to better take advantage of commercial technologies, which it knows it needs (Defense Innovation Initiative)?
- How do companies go about finding out about these opportunities and how do they bid on these RFP's particularly if they are small businesses?
- How do we develop and foster local collaboration between commercially oriented businesses and DoD contractors to jointly pursue these opportunities?
About the A&D Forum
The Aerospace and Defense Forum is a global aerospace and defense leadership community of over 1000 individuals that provides opportunities for sharing of information, current events, and analysis, mutual support and encouragement, partnering, innovation, and performance breakthroughs.
The CyberTECH mission is to stimulate innovation and advance the adoption of cyber and Internet of Things technologies for the economic and social benefit of the nation. We accomplish this through a series of programs and leadership opportunities. Our membership includes business and financial leaders, academic and research institutions, government and non-profit organizations.
- Attendance at this event is free for A&D Forum members, $30 for non-members until January 19 and $40 for non-members after January 19.
- Because the meeting will take place within a secure facility, all attendees must email a copy of the photograph page of their passport to: Teresa.Gearhart@cubic.com.
- Light refreshments will be provided at 5:00 p.m.
- Bring a business card--they will be duplicated and everyone will get a copy of all attendees' cards.
- Attire is business casual.
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP is a founder and sponsor of the Aerospace & Defense Forum San Diego Chapter.
Questions? Contact Rheanna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.