Brand Launch in the United States: How to Secure Trademark Rights and Avoid Litigation
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Conference Hall A
B2, 39, Sejong-daero, Jung-gu Seoul
On January 21, 2015, the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled in favor of our client Hana Bank in the matter entitled Hana Financial v. Hana Bank. This was the first substantive trademark decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in nearly a decade.
What You Will Learn:
- What Constitutes a Trademark
- Trademark/Service Mark Filing Requirements
- Intent-to-Use Applications
- Qualifying Use in Commerce
- Defining When a Non-US Company Engages in US Commerce
- Considerations Before Filing the Application
Using the Hana Bank matter as a case study, we will discuss lessons learned and takeaways. Join us for an informative discussion and bring your questions!
New York and California CLE Accreditation Provided.
- Carlo F. Van den Bosch, Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Group Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Seth (Byoung Soo) Kim, Representative/Foreign Legal Counsel, Sheppard Mullin
Please RSVP for this complimentary program via email or 02.6030.3003 by Wednesday, March 4th.