If you manufacture, sell, or distribute any product directly or indirectly in California – through a distributor, online or otherwise – you need to understand and comply with Prop 65. Sheppard Mullin has the expertise to help.
Prevention is Our Goal
Our main goal is to help you avoid government and private bounty hunter enforcement actions in the first place. We know that is not always possible, but we can help you assess and implement a Prop 65 compliance program that will minimize the likelihood of an enforcement action. We also can audit your website to make sure you are following best practices.
We will work with you to develop creative solutions to foster early resolution of claims, from pre-lawsuit negotiations to accelerated litigation and appeal of key issues.
We have experience in all aspects of Prop 65, including compliance, response to notices of intent to sue, defense of lawsuits, trials, and appeals. We routinely guide clients, both large and small, through the process of responding to 60-Day Notice letters, interfacing with the California Attorney General’s Prop 65 unit, and defending enforcement actions in court.
Why Sheppard Mullin?
- A long history of great results, including trial victories and published appellate opinions
- Experience with a multitude of products, chemicals, and industries
- Geographic reach and the bench strength to get things done virtually anywhere and in any forum
- Willingness to fight and take a case to trial or appeal if necessary
We are nimble and tough. We make it our business to understand your business, and we make sure your objectives guide our strategy and tactics.
Podcasts & Webinars
- How One Litigation Group Evolved Its Training Program to Incorporate Remote AdvocacyThe AmLaw Litigation Daily, 03.13.2023
- Chemical Watch, 01.23.2023
- New Proposed Regulation Provides More Guidance and Some Relief on Prop 65 Warning Requirements for Heat Processed Foods and AcrylamideReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 09.08.2020
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 03.10.2020
- Proposition 65: California Clarifies Responsibilities To Warn Amongst Manufacturers, Distributors and RetailersvReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 01.29.2020
- Under the Radar Changes to Proposition 65 – OEHHA Issues New “Guidance” For Web Purchases (Is it an Illegal “Underground Regulation”?)Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 03.08.2018
- Legal News Line, 02.27.2018
- WARNING: Prop 65 Has Changed – If Your Product Is Sold In California Or You Do Business In California, Pay AttentionReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 01.16.2018
- Prop 65 Victory For Defendants – Defendants Are Entitled To Have Their Cases Heard In the County Where the Claim AroseReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 01.08.2018
- Bureau of National Affairs, Inc., 09.2016
- Los Angeles Superior Court Issues Important Defense Verdict In Unique Proposition 65 Trial Against Brass-Polish ManufacturerReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 06.27.2016
- Daily Journal, 05.07.2014
- Law360, 04.08.2014
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 06.06.2012
- Proposition 65 Private Party Settlement Guidance Provides Clarity and a Limitation on Releases in the Public InterestReal Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 03.15.2012
- Real Estate, Land Use & Environmental Law Blog, 07.18.2005