- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1983
- A.B., Harvard College, 1980, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Supreme Court
Steven P. Hollman is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm's Washington D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Steven P. Hollman has jury-tried patent, trademark, and advertising cases over his 30 plus year career and has successfully tried section 337 patent and trademark investigations before the ITC. Mr. Hollman has handled numerous labeling and advertising disputes for major food companies, including class action advertising litigation, and for pharmaceutical innovators and Life Sciences companies. He also has put his advocacy skills to use arguing successfully before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to his IP practice, Mr. Hollman has handled computer, internet, telecommunications and high-technology disputes, health provider, health-insurance and CMS conflicts, professional negligence matters, real estate and land use disputes, and employment litigation. Steve's vibrant pro bono practice has included a broad range of civil rights and constitutional law cases involving claims under the First, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, the Voting Rights Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, Title VI, and federal immigration laws. He has been President of the Court of Federal Claims Bar Association, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Bar Association for Maryland and a Co-Chair of the Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs. He is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
- Top-rated lawyer in IP, 2012-16
- IP Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2013-16
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 2000-2016
- IP Star, Managing IP Magazine
- Invalidate Eveready battery patent after 5-week ITC trial and Federal Circuit appeal as lead trial and appellate counsel.
- Won a jury verdict that challenged advertisements were literally false as lead trial counsel in Lanham Act case for urine drug testing laboratory.
- Obtained US$90m defense verdict for Georgetown University Hospital's CyberKnife program as lead counsel in dispute with claimed joint venture.
- Won multimillion-dollar jury verdict and fees as lead trial counsel for raw material supplier in dispute with medical imaging manufacturer.
- Obtained preliminary injunction against Massachusetts governor's ban on FDA-approved pain relief medication based on Constitutional preemption.
- Defeated effort by biotech company to enjoin client's clinical trials for cancer treatment based on claim of trade secret theft.
- Won multimillion dollar jury verdict with treble damages and fees, reported as larges Wage Act recovery in Maryland.
- Won US$9.7m jury verdict as lead trial and appellate counsel in eminent domain taking involving water and wastewater utility.
- The Washington Post, December 2, 2016
- Law360, November 4, 2016
- Board of Directors, Washington Council of Lawyers
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Section, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Member, International Trademark Association