- J.D., Catholic University, Columbus School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Georgetown University, 2004
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert R. Rigsby, Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth and Seventh Circuits
Denise E. Giraudo is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Denise Giraudo counsels and represents management in a wide range of labor and employment litigation matters. In her litigation practice, Ms. Giraudo has successfully represented employers before state and federal courts as well as various local and federal administrative agencies. Her extensive litigation practice includes representing employers in connection with discrimination and retaliation claims under all applicable local, state and federal statutes, disability accommodation claims, wage and hour claims, whistleblowing claims under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the False Claims Act, unfair labor practice charges, and grievance arbitrations. Ms. Giraudo’s litigation practice includes single-plaintiff cases as well as class and collective actions.
In addition to her litigation experience, Ms. Giraudo regularly counsels clients regarding the preparation and application of personnel policies and provides advice to clients regarding reductions-in-force, discipline, terminations, as well as employee accommodations and leaves of absences.
Denise is a graduate of Georgetown University and The Catholic University, Columbus School of Law. Before joining Sheppard Mullin, Denise was a Shareholder at a national labor and employment firm.
- Rising Star, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, 2014 - 2017
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, 2018
Ms. Giraudo represents clients in wide variety of industries and occupations, including the defense contracting, retail, and healthcare industries. Below is a list that illustrates Ms. Giraudo’s most recent work on behalf of clients and published decisions:
- Full defense verdict in an ADA discrimination/failure to accommodate case after a 5 day jury trial in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland for one of world’s largest aeronautics company.
- Brandon Williamson v. Bon Secours Richmond Health System, Inc., 34 F.Supp.3d 607, (E.D.Va. July 28, 2014): Decision granting Motion for Summary Judgment on all of Plaintiff’s claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
- Obtained decision in favor of leading sprinkler and alarm company before Department of Labor Administrative Law Judge, where former employee had alleged that his termination violated the anti-retaliation provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Obtained decision in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia granting motion to dismiss in favor of international security company dismissing case with prejudice where plaintiff brought claims for wrongful termination and discrimination in violation of the District of Columbia Human Rights Act.
- Obtained decision dismissing plaintiff’s complaint in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia against staffing agency where plaintiff alleged violation of Title VII and the District of Columbia Human Rights Act.
- Obtained decision in favor of international security company in labor arbitration where former employee alleged termination was without just cause.
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
- Society for Human Resorce Management, April 19, 2018
- Law360, March 12, 2018
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)