- J.D., American University, 2005
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
Hector Agdeppa is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's San Diego (Del Mar) office.
Areas of Practice
Hector specializes in patent application drafting and prosecution in the electrical, mechanical and computer software arts, as well as in the medical device field, and he is well-versed in the management and monetization of patent portfolios. He is also experienced in inter partes review proceedings, tech transfer and licensing, IP due diligence and opinion/freedom to operate assessments, and he provides patent litigation support for a variety of clients, large and small, covering a broad range of industries.
Hector's technical experience encompasses wireless communications and data networking/network management; optical networking; multimedia delivery and video coding (including HEVC and HDR/WCG content); LCD, LED and PDP displays; AR/VR headsets; blockchain technologies; data analytics; artificial intelligence and deep/machine learning; enterprise SaaS; edge security; photonics; automotive technologies (including connected car and autonomous driving); as well as electro-mechanical and mechanical devices for remote analyte monitoring, medicant delivery, incentive spirometry, distributed sensing of patient condition, medical imaging, and gene sequencing.
Previously, Hector was a patent examiner for over five years with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), where he specialized in examining patent applications relating to telecommunications and data networking, computer-telephony integration and terminal equipment and structures.
Before joining the USPTO, Hector was a software test engineer for Motorola, Inc. and a validation engineer for Abbott Laboratories and the Sverdrup Facilities Group.
- Number 2 ranked IPR attorney in the country representing Petitioners, Patexia IPR Intelligence Report, 2019
- Regular presenter at the Founder Institute for startups
- C3 Risk & Insurance Services, San Diego, CA, August 28, 2019
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Seriesvia GlobalMeet, September 20, 2018
- Third Thursday Emerging Company Webinar Seriesvia WebEx, August 17, 2017
- Member, Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego (FALSD)
- Member, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD)
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association; Member, U.S. Post-Grant Patent Office Practice Committee