- J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2005, cum laude
- B.A., Villanova University, 1998
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
John S. Bolesta is a Special Counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office
Areas of Practice
Mr. Bolesta represents management in a wide variety of labor and employment litigation matters. He represents clients in a broad range of industries during union organizing attempts and litigation before the National Labor Relations Board, contract negotiation and labor arbitrations. Additionally, he advises clients on best practices in employee relations and the development of comprehensive labor strategies to preserve the ability to maintain direct relationships with employees.
Mr. Bolesta also regularly counsels clients on all aspects of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity and fair employment practices laws and regulations, and regularly advises clients on confidentiality, trade secrets, no solicitation and non-compete matters. Moreover, Mr. Bolesta represents clients in whistleblower matters under a broad range of statutes, including the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Surface Transportation Assistance Act, the Toxic Substances Control Act and the Clean Air Act. His experience ranges from conducting investigations and developing position statements to litigating whistleblower cases before Administrative Law Judges and in court.
Mr. Bolesta regularly develops and presents to employer and other groups on a wide range of topics related to labor and employment law, including maintaining a union-free environment, privacy in the workplace, sexual harassment, occupational safety and health, implementation of substance abuse policies, and discrimination in the workplace. Further, Mr. Bolesta, is routinely called upon to draft employment policies, handbooks and employment-related contracts. In addition to his labor and employment experience, he has also assisted clients extensively in commercial litigation disputes.
- Washington, D.C. Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2014-2015
- American Bar Association (Committee on the Development of the Law under the NLRA; Committee on Practice and Procedure Under the NLRA)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section, Membership Committee)
- District of Columbia Bar Association