Kenneth Peterson, Jr., is special counsel in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's Chicago office.
Areas of Practice
Kenneth concentrates his practice on corporate and municipal finance. He provides representation to lenders, investors, borrowers and guarantors in connection with U.S. denominated and multi-currency senior, mezzanine and subordinated corporate financing transactions. These financings have included secured and unsecured debt, and single lender, syndicated and club transactions consisting of term and revolving credit facilities, asset-based debt financings, construction credit facilities, financings primarily secured with intellectual property, venture capital transactions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, high yield debt offerings, cross-border and domestic private placements of debt, securitized debt offerings, international vendor financings, convertible debt transactions, debtor-in-possession financings and workout and restructuring of distressed debt transactions.
Kenneth also acts as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, issuer's counsel and borrower's counsel in all areas of public finance transactions. These transactions have included general obligation and revenue bonds for various municipalities in Illinois and conduit financings in 41 states for obligors in various industries, including timber, paper and related products manufacturers, oil and refining companies, steel manufacturers, electrical, gas and water utilities, agricultural companies, automotive manufacturers, aluminum manufacturers, chemical and related products manufacturers, waste management companies, pharmaceutical companies, mining companies, hospitals and housing developers.
- Recognizing the special needs of various types of businesses, Kenneth works on transactions involving a diverse range of industries, including telecommunications providers, cable companies, manufacturers of telecommunication equipment, mutual funds and mutual fund advisors, hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, casino and gaming operators, charter schools, lodging providers, general retailers, special chemical and related products manufacturers, manufacturers of weather monitoring systems, manufacturers of containers, waste management companies, food manufacturers and distributors, nursery operators, housing developers, battery manufacturers, sterilization companies, e-commerce companies, car dealerships and repair companies.
- Proficient in structuring, documenting and negotiating all aspects of corporate finance transactions.
- Involved with parties throughout the continental U.S. and in Mexico, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Switzerland, Finland, Amsterdam, Germany, Hong Kong, Canada and the Philippines.
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Commercial Lending and Financial Transactions
- International Reach
J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 1991, magna cum laude
B.A., Purdue University, 1988, Deans Honors