Lourdes M. Martinez is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Lourdes' practice includes defending clients in criminal, civil and regulatory government actions; assisting clients in implementing both fraud and abuse and HIPAA compliance programs; and advising clients on a wide array of compliance, regulatory and business matters.
She has defended clients in federal False Claims Act cases, quality of care cases, physician licensing matters and federal, state and other third-party audits. Her clients include both for-profit and not-for-profit skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, home health agencies, physicians and other providers.
Previously Lourdes was an Assistant District Attorney in the Kings County District Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted hundreds of felony cases from inception through trial and served as Special Counsel to the Crimes Against Children Bureau.
Best Lawyers in America, Health Care Law, 2020-2022
Super Lawyers, New York Metro, 2019-2021
Lourdes frequently writes and lectures on regulatory defense and compliance issues. Her published works include articles written for the New York Health Law Update and the New York State Bar Association’s Health Law Journal. In addition, she was a contributing author to the Legal Manual for New York Physicians, published by the New York State Bar Association in conjunction with the Medical Society of the State of New York.
- Legal Update, New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants Healthcare Conference Webcast, September 23, 2021
- Hot Topics in Reimbursement and Compliance Review, HFMA Metropolitan New York Chapter Webinar, October 23, 2020
- Using Telehealth to Improve Access and Outcomes During COVID-19, LeadingAge New York Virtual Annual Conference & Expo, September 30, 2020
- COVID-19: What Do We Know? Where Do We Go?, Greater New York Health Care Facilities Association’s Webinar, July 1, 2020
- Regulatory Updates, GNYHCFA Seminar, March 5, 2020
Member, American Health Care Association
Member, National Center For Assisted Living
Board of Directors, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York
Board of Directors, DeSales Media
Board of Directors, St. Johns Law School Alumni Board
Advisory Board, Center for Law and Religion, St. Johns Law School
J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1992
B.S., University of Scranton, 1988
- New York
- New Jersey