Retail in Flux
What You Need to Know About Brexit, the Changing Legal Landscape Regarding Privacy and Data Protection, and US-UK Tools for Online IP Enforcement
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
Topics covered will include:
- Brexit Update: An executive summary of the important issues for the fashion/retail sector, including some practical tips for contracting post-Brexit and the legal consequences for IP rights
- US-European Data Protection and Cyber Law Update: What you need to know regarding the changing legal landscape regarding US-European data and privacy regulation (including the GDPR and the EU-US Privacy Shield) and practical strategies which businesses need to consider
- Online IP Enforcement Tactics Update: New strategies and tactics in the ongoing battle against online counterfeits, including takedowns and EU site-blocking injunctions, and the latest from the EU Digital Single Market initiative
- Phil Sherrell, Partner, Bird & Bird
- James Mullock, Partner, Bird & Bird
- Laura Jehl, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Ted Max, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Contact Diana Chan via firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.653.8463