Labor & Employment Law Update - Spring 2011
2011 continues to bring numerous developments in the areas of labor and employment litigation, enforcement activity, court decisions and workplace issues.
These developments will directly impact a broad range of employers including those in the banking and finance, retail and manufacturing, and restaurant and hospitality industries.
Please join our experienced attorneys for an informative and lively discussion on a variety of timely topics including:
- Leading Court Decisions and Key Legislative Developments in 2011 (including recent EEOC guidance on the ADA Amendments Act and new FLSA regulations)
- Recent Changes in New York State Employment Law (including the Wage Theft Prevention Act and new offer letter and wage/hour requirements)
- National Labor Relations Act Update; What Union and Non-Union Employers Need to Know
- Addressing Employee Misconduct Issues in Connection with FINRA, SEC and other Regulatory Inquiries
- Doing Business in California; Leading Labor & Employment Developments
The 1.5 hour complimentary seminar will be presented by:
Jonathan Stoler, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York)
James Hays, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York)
Eric Raphan, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (New York)
Greg Labate, Partner, Sheppard Mullin (Orange County)
Jeff Kern, Special Counsel, Sheppard Mullin (New York)
30 Rockefeller Plaza
39th Floor - Main Reception
New York, NY 10112
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres
5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Continuing Legal Education Credit
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours which may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys.
Human Resources Certification Institute Credit
This program is pending approval for 1.5 hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
Contact Meredith Greisman at firstname.lastname@example.org or T (212) 653-8450