Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - San Diego
Spring 2013 Seminar Series
Registration & Breakfast
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Registration & Materials
Hyatt Regency La Jolla
3777 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Breakfast With Your Labor Lawyer - Spring 2013
Presented By: David Chidlaw, Samantha Hardy, & Carole Ross
2013 has ushered in significant developments in labor and employment law of which employers should be aware. At our upcoming seminars, Sheppard Mullin labor and employment attorneys will discuss these important new cases and answer your questions. We will explain how these developments will affect the day-to-day decisions made by business owners, in-house counsel, and human resource professionals. We will also address the current trends in employment litigation and class actions, and discuss how employers can manage risk in the most effective way possible. Please join our experienced attorneys for an informative and lively discussion regarding recent activity in the following areas:
Wage and Hour Developments
- New litigation over “suitable seating” in the workplace – caselaw update
- Ensuring compliance with California's paystub rules and personnel file inspection protocols that went into effect on January 1, 2013
- Time card rounding and reporting time pay practices – what is permissible in California
- Employee expense reimbursement and uniform/dress code developments
- A post-Brinker look at compliant meal/rest period policies
Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- New pregnancy leave developments
- Managing legal risk in the area of employee medical leaves of absence
- Round up of recent retaliation and sexual harassment decisions
Plus Updates On...
- Arbitration agreements and class action waivers
- Employee PAGA claims
- The NLRB and “employment at-will provisions”
And many more cutting-edge developments in labor and employment law...
As always, this seminar will be informative, interactive, and engaging. Our attorneys will stay to answer your follow-up questions. We look forward to seeing you there.
This program is pending approval for 2 (California) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 2012).
This activity complies with standards for Minimum Continuing Legal Education prescribed by the California State Bar and is approved for 2 hours of MCLE credit. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Please contact Melissa Omphroy at 415.774.2997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.