Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions Forum: Taking the Temperature of the Market
Presented by Sheppard Mullin and Duff & Phelps
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Panel Discussion/Q&A
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
Click here to register
By invitation only
Sheppard Mullin and Duff & Phelps present a special event for C-level executives, private equity groups and other financial sponsors investing in the healthcare sector. The panel will discuss critical business and legal issues specific to hospital and physician-practice consolidation and investment transactions in the healthcare sector.
2014 has seen accelerated movement toward population health management implementation by payors, large hospital systems and physician groups, creating “build or buy” dilemmas and bumping up healthcare services transaction multiples. With the continued implementation of the Affordable Care Act and the growth of Medicare Advantage, managed Medicaid and ACOs, the healthcare industry in the U.S. is experiencing major changes providing large, well-positioned hospital systems and physician practices, private equity and other financial investors with new and exciting opportunities. As millions of newly insured patients enter the healthcare system and payment models shift towards value-based reimbursement structures, we continue to see immense consolidation pressure on medical practices and hospital systems to achieve scale and capture “lives”. These evolutionary changes in the healthcare services market present significant opportunities for investors and healthcare organizations with mature population management techniques to capitalize on the changing marketplace.
The panelists will explore:
- Recent healthcare M&A trends and deal case studies
- Where the market is heading and why
- Drivers for continued M&A activity in the healthcare sector
- Trending strategies financial investors are pursuing in the market
This timely discussion is a “can't miss” event for private equity principals, venture capitalists, lenders serving private equity sponsors and C-level executives from all segments of the healthcare services sector.
Attendance is strictly limited and on a first come, first served basis, so register today. *By invitation only.
- Bill Aseltyne, Sr. Vice President & General Counsel, Yale New Haven Hospital
- Paul Kacik, Managing Director, Healthcare M&A, Duff & Phelps
- Eric Klein, Esq., Partner, Chair of National Healthcare Practice, Sheppard Mullin
- Oliver Moses, Senior Managing Director, MTS Health Partners LP
- Ernest Varvoutis, Senior Vice President M&A, TeamHealth
- Jay Gerzog, Esq., Partner, National Healthcare Practice, Sheppard Mullin (Moderator)
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1 credit hour which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
Questions? Contact Michelle O'Driscoll at email@example.com or 415.774.3180.