French Insider Podcast Episode 9: What Foreign Energy Companies Need to Know about the $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill
On November 15, 2021, President Biden signed the highly anticipated $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill. Among other infrastructure-related incentives, the bill includes billions in funding to help fight climate change and support clean energy technologies. In this episode, we speak with Tony Toranto and Bill Rappolt and they help us dive into some of those initiatives and what these changes will mean for energy companies looking to invest in the U.S. market.
Tony is the team leader of the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance Team as well as a partner in the Real Estate, Corporate and Finance Practice Groups in the firm’s Del Mar and San Francisco offices, specializing on conventional and renewable projects.
Bill is a partner in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office, and a member of the Energy Industry Team, Renewable Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group. He represents clients in the natural gas, electric and oil/liquids industries in commercial transactions and before federal agencies, including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), state utility commissions and appellate courts.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the show to receive every new episode delivered straight to your podcast player every week.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help us get the word out about this podcast. You can listen in Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher Radio or Spotify. It helps other listeners find this show.
What We Discussed in This Episode
- What are the main components of the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill devoted to climate change and clean energy technologies?
- What can companies look forward to regarding the changes to the power infrastructure in the U.S., specifically what does this mean for the electric grid?
- What does “infrastructure” mean in the context of this bill?
- How did the passage of this bill change the role for Department of Energy in upcoming transmission projects?
- Is there anything in this bill that foreign companies looking to invest in the renewable energy market in the U.S. make note of?
- Has there been any discussions by the administration regarding the financing of other developmental clean energy technologies (i.e., clean hydrogen and expansion of electric vehicle use)?
- Where are we in terms of the reconciliation process?
- As the reconciliation bill continues to be debated, what additional programs will make it to the forefront of the discussion?
Check out French Morning:
Instagram : @french.morning
Co-Chair - Valérie Demont
Co-Chair: Christine Hoefliger Hourcade
Thank you for listening!
This podcast is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not to be construed as legal advice specific to your circumstances. If you need help with any legal matter, be sure to consult with an attorney regarding your specific needs.