Colin Davidson is an associate in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Colin’s practice incorporates all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency-related matters. He is currently focusing his practice on both debtor and creditor representations in out of court loan workouts, restructurings, liquidations, and litigations.
Alpha Media Holdings LLC — Represented Alpha Media Holdings LLC and 15 of its subsidiaries in their prearranged chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Alpha Media is the largest privately-held radio broadcast and multimedia company in the United States, which owns or operates more than 200 radio stations that provide local news, sports, music, and entertainment to a weekly audience of more than 11 million listeners in 44 communities across the United States. Alpha Media’s prearranged chapter 11 cases were confirmed in just over 60 days and contemplated transactions that eliminated all of the Debtors’ prepetition funded debt obligations and provided the debtors with more than $120 million of exit financing.
Neiman Marcus Group — Representing the liquidating trustee, in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of Texas, in the resolution of over 2,800 general unsecured claims in accordance with the debtors’ chapter 11 plan of reorganization.
‘Large Company Turnaround of the Year Award’ for service as lead restructuring counsel to Alpha Media, Turnaround Management Association’s Chicago/Midwest Chapter, 2021
- Harvard Law School Bankruptcy Roundtable , 10.11.2022
- Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 09.29.2022
- Recent Developments in Section 510 – SubordinationNorton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 2021 Edition
- Recent Developments in Section 510 - Subordination, Norton’s Annual Survey on Bankruptcy Law (September 2022)
Cannabis Law Blog
- "The Cannabis Conundrum: Can Cannabis Companies File Chapter 15?," May 20, 2022
Consumer Finance and Fintech Blog Posts
- "FDIC Settles with Bank for Repeat RESPA Violations, Doubling Previous Fine," February 10, 2023
- "FinTech Prevails in Texas “True Lender” Challenge," February 2, 2023
- "CFPB Proposes Registry of Terms and Conditions for Nonbanks," January 19, 2023
- "CFPB Fall Supervisory Highlights Find Credit Reporting Failures, Junk Fees, Mishandling of Covid-19 Protections," December 15, 2022
- "FTC, DFPI Shut Down Mortgage Relief Operation," November 11, 2022
- "CFPB Annual Report: End to Mortgage Refinancing Boom, Increase in Home Purchase Loans," October 27, 2022
- Law360, 04.01.2021
- Law360, 01.25.2021
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2017
B.A., The Catholic University of America, 2010
- Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Law Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California.
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York