The law guarantees the right to privacy to every employee. Every day, employers risk violating their employees' privacy rights by, for example, handling medical records or personnel files, discussing employee discipline, providing a letter of reference, monitoring employee internet/e-mail usage, announcing employee terminations and implementing drug testing or medical clearance procedures. Sheppard Mullin's Labor and Employment attorneys have defended employers on issues arising out of all types of defamation and invasion of privacy claims, in both state and federal courts.
- The National Law Journal, 07.27.2021
- Info Governance World, 10.18.2019
- Employment Relations Today, 04.2015
- Westlaw Journal Employment, 10.23.2013
- 07.27.2021The National Law Journal