Sheppard Mullin's Spring 2016 Labor & Employment Law Update
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The Manhattan Ballroom
Grand Hyatt New York
109 East 42nd Street
(at Grand Central)
New York, NY 10117
Please join our experienced attorneys for an informative and lively discussion on a variety of timely topics, including:
- Current legislative developments and leading court decisions in 2016.
- Anatomy of a Case: A review of a recent federal court decision covering a variety of claims commonly asserted against employers (including gender, race, religion and retaliation claims) and a review of how the actions taken by the employer’s HR and legal teams helped Sheppard Mullin attorneys win summary judgment and defeat all 18 causes of action.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) Update: New Overtime Rules, Compliance Initiatives, and Litigation Trends.
- The EEOC Strikes Back! Recent guidance and enforcement trends from the EEOC, and other state and local administrative agencies, regarding recruitment and hiring, religious discrimination, LGBT protection, employee disability leave, and pregnancy discrimination, and how to ensure compliance.
- Jack Kiley, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Jonathan Stoler, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Brian Murphy, Partner, Sheppard Mullin
- Sean Kirby, Associate, Sheppard Mullin
This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 2.0 credit hours which may be applied toward the areas of professional practice requirement, and is suitable for both transitional and non-transitional attorneys. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is a State Bar of New York approved MCLE provider.
This program is pending approval for 2 (general) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP is an HRCI Approved Provider (valid through December 31, 2016).
Questions? Contact Meredith Greisman via email@example.com or at 212.653.8450.