- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2013
- B.A., Cinema-Television (Critical Studies), University of Southern California, 2007, magna cum laude
- B.A., University of Southern California, 2007, magna cum laude
- Prior to working at Sheppard Mullin, Mrs. Meyer worked for the Honorable Andrew J. Wistrich of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California as an extern in 2011.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Abby Meyer is an associate in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Orange County office, and a member of the firm’s Construction, Food & Beverage, and Consumer Class Action teams.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Meyer represents clients facing or pursuing complex litigation arising from software implementations, construction, and real estate projects, including alleged construction defect and business disputes. These matters have included claims for breach of contract, lender liability, fraud, and misrepresentation, among other claims. Ms. Meyer has represented software companies, software developers, energy companies, and financial institutions on such matters.
Ms. Meyer also defends clients who are facing consumer class actions. Ms. Meyer’s experience includes actions involving alleged violations of California's Unfair Competition Law, False Advertising Law, and Consumers Legal Remedies Act.
Ms. Meyer has represented clients in eminent domain matters, guardianship/conservatorship matters, and has represented a public employer involved in a dispute with its pension fund.
Class Action Defense Strategy Blog Posts
- "Seventh Circuit Holds Footlong Settlement Falls Short," September 20, 2017
- Law360's Weekly Verdict: Legal Lions & LambsLaw360, January 12, 2018
- Starbucks Wins Toss Of Underfilled Latte Class ActionLaw360, January 5, 2018
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Orange County Bar Association’s Mommy Esquire Committee
- Board of Directors, Orange County Women Lawyers Association